Re: [AD] X Multimonitor support

On December 14, 2008, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2008-12-14, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 14-Dec-08, at 8:13 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> > > ex_monitorinfo hangs for me.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Do you have xinerama enabled in xorg.conf?
> > I had the sane problem (in a VM, admittedly), which was fixed when I
> > enabled xinerama (I didn't realise it was disabled at first).
> > Annoyingly enough though, the program did run properly in gdb... not
> > sure what went on there.
>
> I solved (I think) the problem by adding locks around the Xinerama
> calls, so there was probably some race condition.

How? Its not like the function that creates the connection and then queries
the extensions is running in multiple threads, it makes no sense to me. To me,
that sounds like broken X. A single thread, making regular calls into X should
not lock up. Its the code that sets up the X stuff for peats sake, nothing has
a pointer to any of it yet.