Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-2431768 ] display field for mouse state

On 15-Dec-08, at 8:26 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
How would this work: when the mouse cursor leaves the tracking
rectangle for a the window, the "mouse window" is set to NULL, when
the mouse cursor enters the tracking rectangle of a window the "mouse
window" is set to that window?

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.

Ok, great.

I added "probably" for a reason. It seems to be a reasonable behaviour.
Otherwise, what would you report if the mouse is not over any of our
windows?

I agree it sounds reasonable. However, we could also take the position that if the display field is NULL, the reported x and y coordinates are undefined - which is also a reasonable position to take if you ask me. It all depends on when it would be useful to track the location of the mouse in the superview. The only one I can think of is if you want to emulate mouse mickeys, but that will be tricky because the coordinates change discontinuously when the mouse leaves the last window's tracking rectangle (as they do when they move from one window to another of course).

Evert