Re: [AD] Patch to allow Allegro 4.3.10plus to build on Haiku

2008/11/25 Milan Mimica <milan.mimica@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2008/11/26 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Here's another patch for 4.3.10plus which now allows Haiku to build
>> and run the shooter demo, and probably will run many games now as
>> well.  This patch was the work of Grzegorz Dąbrowski, (aka Kaliber).
>> I just tested it out with svn r11231 and it build without issues on
>> Haiku.
>
> Just being curious, what exactly fixes the shooter demo in this patch?
>

> --
> Milan Mimica
> http://sparklet.sf.net

I'm not sure on what exactly it was that fixed it, but I suspect it
was just that it wasn't finding a file (or more) where it expected it
to be, since most of the fixes in the patch appear to deal with file
locations.  Grzegorz spent a couple days on this a couple weeks back
hacking on it to get it working, and then posted his patch.  Haiku has
moved some folders from where they were on BeOS in order to pave the
way for future multiuser use.  So it's probably related to that.
-scottmc