Re: [AD] Allegro 4.3 + autotools

I think we need to be clear about what "autotools" means. From what I
remember, your patch would extend the autotools build so from now on it
would depend on automake as well as on libtool.
Indeed, autotools != autoconf.  I am not sure whether "depend" is the right word since autotools are self-contained for the end user

And I don't think those
two are seen favorably by most of the developers.
I know, this is the reason why I am asking...

That said, don't remove the current makefile setup for any of the supported platforms
I can comply with that with no problem.

Matej