Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On November 18, 2008, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2008-11-18, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, that's not what the event system was designed for and that's not
> > > how it works.
> >
> > Probably not.
> >
> > So whats the alternative then? Try and be too clever? or just export a
> > simple update function?
> >
> > What do you prefer?
>
> I prefer to wait for Apple to fix their stupid library.  Failing that, I
> proposed an improved END_OF_MAIN-like solution earlier in the thread.
> An update/polling function is even worse for creating code that won't
> port easily to Mac OS X.

How would it be worse for creating code? That whole ucontext stuff, and
stealing the main thread thing is just asking for trouble. So is renaming
main, or redirecting WinMain to main etc...

Its all a huge huge hack, and we don't need to do it. Just need the right api
design to work on all major platforms WITHOUT massive ugly hacks.