Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On 18 Nov 2008, at 18:07, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure going whole hog on the event system is the right direction,
but neither are hacks like END_OF_MAIN.

END_OF_MAIN() actually works fairly well though, and it has the distinct advantage of being very easy to change into a no-op on platforms that dont (or no longer) need it. So unless there's a way to truely make it a no-op on all platforms, maybe the best course of action is the conservative course of action: not touch it. As hacks go it also isn't horrible, I've seen far worse. The ucontext stuff sounds like a bad hack, but if it's actually part of the OS... I don't know.

Anyway, while A5 is still in WIP stage at the moment, it should be getting close to feature freeze or we're never going to make a spring release date. Do we really want to discuss large changes to the design (eg, changing the way Allegro works, mandating a message system)?

Evert