Re: [AD] library names (debug, static, etc..)

Trent Gamblin wrote:
On Sun, September 28, 2008 10:20 pm, Jon Rafkind said:
I think the naming policies for the libraries are different between
cmake and scons. Could someone just list what they should be? I'm
not
arguing in favor of any way, I just want to be consistent.

Right now scons has:

shared, non-debug: no suffix
static, non-debug: _s
shared, debug: _d
static, debug: _sd

I haven't added profiling but what suffix should that have?

(Ok I lied when I said I wasn't going to argue, but I don't really
like
single letters to represent anything. The suffix should be a full
word,
like -static or -static-debug. The single letters were to keep dos
happy, right?)

I like

allegro
allegro-static
allegro-debug
allegro-static-debug
allegro-profile
allegro-static-profile
Ok. I'd like to change things to use this naming convention in scons. Can someone from cmake land agree, too?