Re: [AD] fshook todo

On 9 Oct 2008, at 20:54, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
What are we going to do with palettes in that case? Especially if
there are multiple palettes in the datafile? As I recall, Allegro [5]
currently doesn't have any notion of a "palette".

I have no idea at the moment. before allegro gets a palette of some sort, the loader would have to internally handle palettes and convert all paletted
bitmaps to a supported bitmap format.

Sure, but using which palette?
Ok, so maybe we need a function that takes 8 bit bitmap data (need not be an ALLEGRO_BITMAP) and an 8 bit palette and returns a "proper" ALLEGRO_BITMAP in whatever the currently selected pixel format is.
Such a function would live in addon-country, I think.

Evert