Re: [AD] PSP Patch for Allegro 4.2.2

On 2008-10-19, Diego <deldie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> the port is not complete yet and is based on Allegro 4.2.2.
>
> Is an ALPHA VERSION: only tested with 16 pp color depth, no video bitmaps,
> no joystick, no timers, etc. But it's more or less usable.

I had a quick glance at this.  Most of the code looks pretty good for a
first time contributor.  There were some non-English comments which need
to be translated.

I'm not sure how to go ahead with this.  There have been some
console/handheld ports floating around but unfortunately we've never had
anyone propose to integrate it into Allegro and then actually follow
through.  Your port sounds quite incomplete at this stage.  We could
commit your changes so far and then you can feed us further patches
later.  Or we could create a branch for you to work in.  Or you could
keep your changes locally (say, in git) and just send us one big patch
when it's more complete.  The first option is probably preferred, but
sometimes we forget about patches so you'll need to prod us every now
and then.  The better your patches are, the quicker they get committed.

What do others think?

Peter