Re: [AD] length-restricted text routines

On Sunday 14 September 2008 05:29:08 am Elias Pschernig wrote:
> I agree. And if it was for me, we would completely get rid of all
> al_textout* functions (as I said before). You can always use "%s" and
> al_textprintf.

Wouldn't al_textout* be more efficient for cases where formatting isn't
needed? Even in best-case, al_textprintf has to run through vsprintf or
equivilant, get written to a temp (size-limited and/or allocated?) buffer,
and then have something like al_textout* called anyway.