Re: [AD] Plans for Allegro 4.9.5

On 2008-09-14, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, September 12, 2008 5:59 pm, Peter Wang said:
> > - move bitmap file type registration to core
>
> I can do that if we want to go that route. I don't really see why
> it's necessary or even desirable though.

Yeah, I hadn't really thought about it.  Intuitively it seemed like the
right thing to do.  I guess the advantage is that you could use
something like ImageMagick handle all formats, then you wouldn't need to
link in iio at all.  You could make a case that other loaders have more
comprehensive support of the formats the iio supports, or that the iio
loaders aren't written that well (currently they are very trusting of
the input file).

Peter

PS. the icodec addon is broken as it doesn't handle padding bytes at the
end of lines.  I couldn't figure out how to make the saving function
skip padding bytes.