Re: [AD] Two custom mouse cursor patches

There are two options
1. Don't do any retains. System cursors are fine because they're built
in. Custom cursors are managed 'externally' by the lifetime of the
ALLEGRO_CURSOR. We will need to get rid of the release on line 674
(destroy_display) At the moment I think there might be a problem if
the same custom cursor is active in two windows when it is destroyed.

Testing with ex_mouse_cursor, I don't see any problems in practice. Doesn't mean there aren't any of course. :) I thought I might actually have too many retains in there, which would leak memory if a cursor was actually discarded.

2. Do a 'proper' retain/release whenever display->cursor is changed.
This is a bit more work but would solve the problem above. I've got a
patch for this and I'll post it later (I can't get to it at the
moment)

That does sound like the correct approach, yes. Since you already have a patch for this I'll leave this to you (I can test it of course).

Evert