Re: [AD] Font drawing bug

Peter Hull wrote:
To take this particular bug as an example, it appears that the bitmap
was created clear (by the OpenGL driver itself) on OSX Intel but not
on OSX ppc. I assume that it was also cleared on Linux and Windows,
which is why no-one noticed it up to now. The risk is that our users
will 'forget' to clear the bitmaps and it will go unnoticed until
someone's driver doesn't clear it and garbage appears.

Right. None of the drivers should clear the bitmap.

Can we benchmark the clear operation to see if it takes a significant time?

Sure. Define significant first. Rather compare al_create_bitmap() with and without clearing.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net