Re: [AD] Font drawing bug

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Immaterial in this case, since at some point you will use the memory allocated to the sprite anyway. Either immediately (by clearing it explicitly) or afterwards.

When you clear the bitmap yourself you get to choose when to do the expensive task.

That's the situation I was thinking of where you don't care about the bitmap being cleared or not.

Then why clear it?

In a sense it's the reverse of the previous point: unless you load some data into the bitmap anyway, you'll want to have it cleared. You could argue that in a game, the normal operation is to load data from disk so you don't care.

I do care. I care about optimization. From the usability point of view it would be best to have it cleared, even if you don't need it cleared.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net