Re: [AD] April Fools Day Release

On Apr 1, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Ryan Dickie wrote:
Some sort of schedule should be discussed at the next meeting.
An april 1st release would be hilarious and poetic but it would suck to have to wait that long.

I'm sure it could be done sooner. In fact, I'm sure it could have been done last year. It's very easy to fill up that time frame, as I'm sure you know. Besides, we can always bring out a release candidate half a year in advance and call it release on April 1ste. It's not as if it couldn't be used before then. :) But yeah, work out a schedule with an aim for a major landmark at christmas (say, a beta or release candidate). A release would be fine too (in which case, we can do the first bug fix release on April 1ste), but if we can't make that push the release back to April 1ste.

Evert