Re: [AD] display option settings

Ryan Dickie wrote:
A return value for the set option would be really useful.. especially for a request.

There is now way to know whether the option is going to be set until the display is created.

Would it be possible to do something less verbose and more like this? Maybe a generalization for other systems as well...

bool al_enable(option,sug|req); //possibly string options together using 'or' ??
bool al_disable(option,sug|req);
bool al_set_value(option,val,sug|req);
int al_get_value(option);

In general, we're against such OpenGL-like API I think. Maybe if it was specific to the OpenGL driver, but I'm quite sure that some of the options could also apply to the D3D driver.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net