Re: [AD] POT hack for OpenGL driver

Milan Mimica wrote:
card, which supports NPOT, but if I "disable" NPOT support with "!ogl_dpy->extension_list->ALLEGRO_GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two" the text in exnew_bitmap_target does not display properly.

I'll show you a little trick how you can test all the cases with a GFX card which supports both ARB_NPOT and EXT_FBO. In src/opengl/extensions.c, in end of function _al_ogl_manage_extensions(), near the end, add the following lines:
ext_list->ALLEGRO_GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two = 0;
ext_list->ALLEGRO_GL_EXT_framebuffer_object = 0;
This effectively makes allegro unaware of the specified extension. You can try any combination.

The combination which doesn't work is:
ext_list->ALLEGRO_GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two = 0;
ext_list->ALLEGRO_GL_EXT_framebuffer_object = 1;
exnew_membmp is a good example of it. The accelerated text doesn't display properly (in the second part of the example). I couldn't figure you what's wrong.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net