Re: [AD] filename encoding again

On Aug 5, 2007 5:21 AM, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also renamed file_encoding to filename_encoding.

The recent patch compiles fine under MSVC 8. However, the old function
names made it in the 4.2.2 DLL, so they need to stay for binary
compatibility. They probably don't need to be marked as deprecated
since they never officially were public.

Also, they needed to be added to documentation. I suppose it should go
under the File section. And set_uformat description probably needs to
change, namely "This will affect all parts of Allegro, wherever you
see a function that returns a char *, or takes a char * as a
parameter" since that's not true regarding filename routines, correct?

--
Matthew Leverton