Re: [AD] 4.3.10plus build system

On 2007-12-24, Milan Mimica <milan.mimica@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
> >
> > Firstly, the subshell means you don't need the "cd ../..".  The cd in
> > the subshell won't be reflected in the parent shell.
>
> ok
>
> > The recursive configure call should pass more options than just
> > --prefix.  The attached interdiff works for me.
>
> Won't AGL's configure build all that paths from --prefix?

No. e.g. on a Slamd64 system, 64-bit libraries go in /usr/lib64 while
32-bit libraries go in /usr/lib for compatibility with Slackware, so you
need to run ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64.  I don't know
how many of the other settings might be used, or if Allegro even pays
attention to them, but I don't see how it could hurt.

Peter