Re: [AD] MacOSX build broken?

Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On Wed November 28 2007, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

>>> ill test this out when I get some free time, but which branch were you
>>> on? looks like 4.9..
>>>
>> Yup. 4.2 seems to work ok.
>>

> Any progress on this? My "snapshot" cron job still isn't finishing.

I fixed things a little bit, but osx is still fairly broken. Things I
changed thus far
1. rename AL_ to ALLEGRO_. I guess this renaming scheme took place in
other files but osx was missed
2. make alosxcfg.h define ALLEGRO_INTERNAL_THREAD_HEADER as "aintuthr.h"
since osx has pthread support.
3. unfortunately I had to define THREAD_LOCAL as nothing for osx because
osx doesn't respect __thread. I googled around and found a post about
using pthread_getspecific instead.
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Xcode-users/2006/Jun/msg00550.html
4. commented stuff about 'cursor' in qzmouse.m.
5. took out the second argument to _al_event_source_init when
initializing the keyboard and mouse for osx, which is what the other
platforms do.

I got a bunch of errors when linking liballeg.dylib with scons and make,
I didn't have cmake installed though. I'll look into fixing the link
errors, unless some osx expert can help out.