Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_NO_ASM broken completely on windows

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 16:36 +0200, Milan Mimica wrote:
> In addition to this: http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/593553
>
> I also found that non-ASM alleg42.dll is not compatible with ASM
> alleg42.dll. The cause is the same: _putpixel is inlined and it's
> definition depends on ALLEGRO_NO_ASM. In ASM version it uses a custom
> calling convention, which breaks if combined with a normal one.
>
> What to do?
> There is only one reasonable thing to do: Rename the lib and the DLL if
> compiled without ASM. Add the _c prefix or something. Who really wants
> it, will use the non-ASM version. Also add make a note that programs
> need to #define ALLEGRO_NO_ASM.

Can this be checked inside allegro_init maybe? Instead of just comparing
the version numbers of headers and library, maybe we should add a way to
check if both where compiled with or without ALLEGRO_NO_ASM and refuse
to start otherwise.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>