Re: [AD] AL_ prefix clashes with OpenAL

On Saturday 07 July 2007 01:43:54 pm Ryan Patterson wrote:
> Wouldn't that cause an additional pointer dereference for every call
> to an Allegro function? That doesn't sound like a very good idea...

How much of a difference in speed would it make? I'd almost wager that the
system does something similar with imported dll functions anyway, since it
doesn't know the functions' memory locations at link time (it would need to
use some place-holder variable that can be changed when the lib is loaded).