Re: [AD] Dual licensing

On 2007-06-06, Colin Ward <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Just a question about Allegro licensing.  All of my Amiga specific code has
> the standard Allegro header at the start of it, with the "See readme.txt
> for copyright information" line in it, so that it "fits in" with the rest
> of Allegro.
>
> However, one of the modules (pertaining to sound output) comes from a
> personal project of mine, which will eventually be commercial.  So if I was
> to add this to Allegro, I am wondering how this will work?

You retain the copyright, but by putting it into Allegro you're giving
permission to anyone to do anything starting from that copy, so "copyright"
is a bit meaningless.  You're of course still free to extend, sell or do
whatever with your own private copy.  You just can't prevent someone
from doing whatever _they_ like either, starting from the copy in Allegro.

This is the situation for all code in Allegro, so you don't have to do
anything special.

Peter