Re: [AD] Dual licensing

On 06/06/2007, you wrote:

>> Just a question about Allegro licensing.  All of my Amiga specific
>> code has the standard Allegro header at the start of it, with the "See
>> readme.txt for copyright information" line in it, so that it "fits in"
>> with the rest of Allegro.
>>
>> However, one of the modules (pertaining to sound output) comes from a
>> personal project of mine, which will eventually be commercial.  So if
>> I was to add this to Allegro, I am wondering how this will work?
>
> You retain the copyright, but by putting it into Allegro you're giving
> permission to anyone to do anything starting from that copy, so
> "copyright" is a bit meaningless.  You're of course still free to
> extend, sell or do whatever with your own private copy.  You just can't
> prevent someone from doing whatever _they_ like either, starting from
> the copy in Allegro.

Right, thanks.  This is just what I want, and of course people are free to
do whatever they want with the copy that is contributed to Allegro.  I just
wanted to confirm before I went ahead with it!

[Hitman/Code HQ - 6502/z80/68000/604e/80x86/ARM coder - Amiga rulez!]
[VZ-200/VIC-20/MZ-700/c16/c64*10/c128*8/Plus-4/CPC464/CD32/500*2    ]
[600/1000/1200*2/A4000/SNES/N64/Dreamcast/Athlon 1100/AmigaOne      ]
[Assembly Language: The most fun you can have with your clothes on! ]