Re: [AD] DS/GBA Port

On June 22, 2007, Kirk Black wrote:
> This is exciting development!

Its actually been in "sortof useable" shape for a few months. The software
video driver works just fine, albeit with no video bitmaps or any kind of
hardware accell at all.

The hardware video driver just got into a useable state with relpats' memory
allocator for video mem working. So you now get video bitmaps, scrolling, and
soon we (read: relpats) should have hardware sprites working as well (via
system_bitmaps iirc) with full transparent support, rotating and
positioning/drawing.

The sound driver "works" but needs testing, and I think allegro's demo
datafile is just too big to be loaded into ram (ds has 4MB total) for the
demo to work at all, but packfiles do indeed work.

Its really taken shape, and honestly could have been in this shape months ago
had some of us (read: I) worked a little harder. ;)