Re: [AD] New domain

Trent Gamblin wrote:
I had an extra free domain registration that was going to go to waste,
so I registered liballeg.org. It now redirects to Sourceforge.
Subversion is also at svn.liballeg.org. This is not a mirror, just a
redirection. Elias set up the virtual hosting at Sourceforge for it to work.

Here's an idea. Perhaps the domain could be a site that hosts the DLLs etc. needed to run dynamically-linked builds of Allegro programs. It would be nice to have a place where you could download alleg42.dll for 4.2.1 (and alleg40.dll for 4.0.3 if you want to run older programs). In fact, if someone is writing a script for an installer that installs a dynamically-linked app, if it detects that Allegro is not installed on the system (or an older version is installed), it could download the DLL from a URL that always stays the same. Of course, if the apps were statically linked, this hassle will be avoided, but sometimes, I still come accross dynamically linked apps built with Allegro 4.0.x.

Speaking of which, I have so far not been able to find a place where I can download a pre-built .dynlib of Allegro for the MacOsX. Is this because Mac .dynlib's are like Linux .so's in that they have to be built on the target machine, or has nobody bothered to upload a pre-built .dynlib?

AE.