Re: [AD] Organizing an Allegro Hack Day

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 00:44 -0700, Michael S wrote:

> ... which brings me to my next questions. What exactly needs to be
> done in 4.3?

Well, fixing the apparent problems (see other thread) on OSX with the
current events/input API would be nice.

>  In order to do something like this, we're going to need a
> pretty clear and detailed list of things to do. Thomas Fjellstrom
> mentioned something about getting all the API proposals together, and
> creating a set of more solid API docs. Where would we start in doing
> that?

The (old) API docs are here:
http://alleg.sourceforge.net/future/info.html

I was starting transfering them to the wiki, for easier updating by
everyone, and automatic history: http://wiki.allegro.cc/NewAPI/Documents
If someone feels like completing that..

> Another concern is, where would we submit our changes on the hack day?
> It would be great if some of you main developers could get in on this,
> maybe to help manage things a bit :).

Just send a patch..

> Anyway, it might be a stupid idea, just thought I'd run it by you
> guys. It'd be great to see some new blood, and get some more work done
> on Allegro.

What also might be nice would be an official IRC meeting attended by
everyone, with a short agenda, where everyone tells their ideas and
plans for 4.3 (and 4.2), and where we try to come up with a master plan
what to do. (E.g. I'm still not convinced we shouldn't put the
draw_sprite_ex and maybe also the resizable windows into 4.2, given
there's already working patches, and 4.3 is not ready to use either,
yet.)

--
Elias Pschernig