Re: [AD] [Win] Proposal

On 1/20/07, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I honestly think we need to start actively looking for windows programmers.
Just expecting them to find us, and assume we actually need and WANT them is
asking too much.

I think it's a good idea, but as others have said, I think there needs
to be a good set of documention regarding how the internals work
before anyone will take us seriously.

For example, having a DX10 driver for Vista would be great, but I
think there'd be more chance of someone being interested if they could
follow a guideline that explained everything that needed to happen.
That way, they could focus on what they want to do: write a DX driver
and not worry about crawling through someone elses code.

But that said, it wouldn't necessarily hurt to post an announcement
with the admission that not everything is documented very well.

--
Matthew Leverton