Re: [AD] [Win] Proposal

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 2:42 pm, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> On 1/20/07, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I honestly think we need to start actively looking for windows
> > programmers. Just expecting them to find us, and assume we actually need
> > and WANT them is asking too much.
>
> I think it's a good idea, but as others have said, I think there needs
> to be a good set of documention regarding how the internals work
> before anyone will take us seriously.
>
> For example, having a DX10 driver for Vista would be great, but I
> think there'd be more chance of someone being interested if they could
> follow a guideline that explained everything that needed to happen.
> That way, they could focus on what they want to do: write a DX driver
> and not worry about crawling through someone elses code.
>
> But that said, it wouldn't necessarily hurt to post an announcement
> with the admission that not everything is documented very well.

Thats kinda the point, we need someone that knows the internals, and windows
stuff in order to help design, code and document the new infrastructure.

Someone who's willing to dig down into the current docs, code, and mailing
list to see where we are headed, and what needs to change for proper
Windows+DX9/10 support. Otherwise we'll be stuck with a setup that requires
new windows drivers to be hacky as utter hell. Things need to be designed
around the main target platforms. imo.

> --
> Matthew Leverton

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash

Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx