Re: [AD] al-xkey messages.

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 00:39 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2006-09-19, Ryan Patterson <cgamesplay@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Attached is my allegro.log. Apparently Allegro doesn't like multimedia keys.
>
> Extract from allegro.log:
>
> 	al-xkey ERROR: You have more keys reported by X than Allegro's maximum of 127 keys. Please send a bug report.
> 	al-xkey INFO: Key 233 missing: XF86Go NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL - assigned to 0.
>
> Do we just expand the array?

Not so easy, because e.g. keyboard_lowlevel_callback expects only 7-bit
codes. We could make a keyboard_lowlevel_callback_ex though. Then
increase KEY_MAX (making sure to not touch any KEY_* constants). That
way I believe it even would stay binary compatible.

I'm inclined to just keep the 127 keys limitation though for 4.2, should
not be such a big issue. (Maybe reword the log message.)

In 4.3, there's a similar issue with AL_KBDSTATE.. but in fact, I will
propose a different keyboard state API for 4.3 (which allows checking
how many times a key has been pressed since the last call - much more
useful for a game than an on/off state which is highly dependent on
timing issues). But not important right now.

--
Elias Pschernig