Re: [AD] Patch for makefile issue when compiling MSVC with Cygwin

Andrei Ellman napsal(a):
Michal Molhanec wrote:
Andrei Ellman napsal(a):
+# ?: By using the above technique, is it possible to make the msvchelp.exe utility redundant?
? fix.sh never used msvchelp anyway

Do you think it's worth adding msvc7 and msvc8 and --msvcpaths options to fix.sh?

No, if the makefile can handle it automagically using cygpath it's more elegant. And it wouldn't work if w32api package is not installed on cygwin.

As for redundancy, I'm not sure if MinGW offers an equivalent to Cygwin's 'cygpath', so it looks like we may have to keep msvchelp afterall.

If it does we would have used it. (not sure about grammar :-) )
I can probably rewrite it from C to VBScript, so it wouldn't require compilation, if anybody interested :-)

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750