Re: [AD] Money

Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On Saturday 02 December 2006 6:42 pm, Peter Wang wrote:
On 2006-12-02, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 02 December 2006 5:44 pm, Peter Wang wrote:
Definitely.  However, we could try coordinating some sort of voice
meeting online (say, with Skype) if people are interested.
How would arguing on the phone be any better than on some real time chat
medium?
I've never tried it, so I'm not sure.  But I guess the advantages are
that people can generally speak faster than they can type, and they can
er and um to indicate they are still thinking, rather than have someone
butt in while they're formulating a reply (leading to rushed replies,
misunderstandings and general mayhem).

I find its all the same thing. You'll find people butting in and confusing, and all the above in a voice chat.
I have phone conferences almost daily at work and I find online chat *much* easier to follow. Besides I'm sure everyone would want to look at the source or something during the conversation which would leave akward gaps in an oral conversation.