Re: [AD] 4.2.1

On 2006-11-23, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 13:44 +0100, Milan Mimica wrote:
> > Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > >
> > > Is the patch in current SVN? I made a script last time to automate the
> > > CF tests, so could easily re-run on their BSD with it.
> >
> > I'm resending the patch, it was not applied. Try it.
> >

> Didn't help much it seems. But given that one of them seems to even have
> a bogus pthreads installation, I really wouldn't pay too much attention
> to the SF CF results. And as nobody reported problems on a real BSD
> since the RC, I guess we can safely release it.
>
> http://alleg.sf.net/compilefarm/x86-freebsd1.txt
> http://alleg.sf.net/compilefarm/x86-netbsd1.txt
> http://alleg.sf.net/compilefarm/x86-openbsd1.txt

I tried compiling Allegro 4.2 SVN on Solaris, and there were a bunch of
problems with the mprotect() stuff.  It seems the proper way to get the
memory page size is using sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE) instead of the PAGE_SIZE
macro (even on Linux).  A quick patch follows (it's got some minor fixes to
_unix_get_executable_name() intermingled in it).
Note I didn't actually test that the compiled programs work on Solaris,
as I did it remotely.

Peter