Re: [AD] outdated files cleanup

On Sunday 13 August 2006 22:15, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> get rid of the current al_create_display which simply hooks into the 4.2
> set_gfx_mode.

I suppose you mean, rewrite al_create_display() to use the new drivers
rather than piggy-bagging on top of the old drivers? ;)
Anyway, arguing semantics. Personally I think it's a good idea to at least
temporarily remove or disable unused drivers, because I found that having
them around was a deterrent for working on the new drivers.

On that note, I haven't followed any of the discussion from the past week
or so since I was on vacation; if someone can summarise what has been
discussed with regard to display update methods I'd be grateful to them.
I'll be at a conference for the next two weeks, so I won't get round to
doing any Allegro-related programming, but I will probably be able to
follow e-mail discussions.

Evert