Re: [AD] Recent 4.3 change?

> I can't see any reason where Allegro would decide to do DRS on its
own,
> given
> that the user would have to supply a full buffer (back buffer
retention is
> not gauranteed everywhere and potentially comes with penalties where
it
> is),

Indeed. Similar to the current system, Allegro will need to tell apps
that they need to do a full redraw if the backbuffer is lost. However,
in 99% of the cases it's not and you can just get the app to draw into
the portions of the screen that it changes without touching the rest.
After that, it's up to Allegro to decide if it needs a backbuffer or if
it can do without one.

I'd much rather have the smarts in one place, where it's easy to fix or
influence algorithm policies, than distributed among thousands of
applications.

-

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE