[AD] C and ASM patch for linear blit + graphics.c +test.c

I'm currently creating a patch for the C and ASM versions of the linear blit functions.  The C version works like the ASM version by aligning the data and using 32-bit copys instead of a pixel-by-pixel copy.  In most cases it is at least 2x faster and in some cases it is almost 4x faster then the pixel-by-pixel version.  I also have a modification for the test program that profiles the memory->memory blits and a modification to graphics.c that aligns the first line of the bitmap (speeds up 32-bit and lower depths of certain widths) but I plan to make all these in separate patches so you can decide what to merge.
My question is this.. Should I make patches for 4.2, 4.3 or both? I haven't got the newest 4.2 and 4.3 release on my PC yet so I'm not sure when they will be ready.