Re: [AD] CMake

This is excellent, I was working on writing up cmake files a few days ago with
4.3, but I got stumped and in no way near complete like you've done. That's
really cool and I think cmake is the way to go since it's quite flexible,
with the capability of creating MSVC project files on windows and x-code
development files for OSX it's obvious the benefits to users of those
systems. And compared to scons, which the requirement of python is quite
huge, cmake is small and has a gui configurable setup.
Well I hope the rest of the devs agree and it catches on, good work. :)

水曜日 26 7月 2006 21:00、Peter Wang さんは書きました:
> I've just added some initial support for the CMake
> (http://www.cmake.org) build system to the 4.3 branch.  It works on
> Linux and MinGW at the moment, but potentially it can generate MSVC
> workspaces, too.  Depending on how well it goes, it could be a single
> build system for all the platforms that we support so we could get rid
> of the autoconf stuff *and* the triplicated makefiles.
>
> Yes, you would need to have CMake installed to build Allegro.
> (But apparently KDE4 are using CMake so it should be available for
> most Linux distributions soon.)
>

> You can build the 4.3 branch on Linux now by running:
>
>     ccmake .
>
> Pick the configuration of Allegro you want, then push [c]onfigure, then
> [g]enerate.  Then run:
>
>     make
>
> Optionally,
>
>     make install DESTDIR=/tmp/foo
>
> On Windows, you'd use the CMake GUI instead of ccmake.
> Make sure to enable WANT_ASM -- apparently ALLEGRO_NO_ASM never worked
> on Windows?
>
> Peter

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
> cash

-juvinious

http://chasm.hopto.org - The Chasm - My Site
http://openlayer.berlios.de - Openlayer