Re: [AD] Audio code and endian-ness

On Friday 09 June 2006 10:00, Peter Hull wrote:
> However this only makes sense if there's some other endian-switching
> code elsewhere, that was active in the PPC port and is not active in
> the i386 port. But, I can't find it.

The only place I could think of would be the sample loading code. Allegro
deals with native endianness (ie. with 8/16 bit integer types) and passes it
off to the driver as such. On PPC, this would mean it gets big-endian data,
and on i386 it gets little-endian data. Just setting or clearing that flag
depending on the CPU arch should be enough as far as Allegro itself is
concerned.