Re: [AD] _al_file_size removal

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:06 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> Hi, the renaming of _al_file_size to _al_file_file_ex causes an exported
> symbol to disappear:
>
>     % ./misc/fixdll.sh
>     Scanning for API symbols...
>     Scanning for WinAPI symbols...
>     Scanning for internal symbols...
>     Checking against existing symbol list...
>      *** Error !!! ***
>       symbols missing => DLL binary compatibility broken
>       you need to add the following symbols:
> 	_al_file_size

> since `_al_file_size' should not be used directly outside the library.
> Can someone on Windows try this out and make sure a program compiled
> with 4.2.0 works with 4.2 SVN?

I had assumed, since it can only be called internally, there should be
no real problem. E.g. if I have a 4.0.0 using program, it never can
directly call _al_file_size. And if it uses a 4.2.0 DLL, that also can
never call _al_file_size. So should still be backwards compatible.

Am I missing something?

--
Elias Pschernig