[AD] Allegro under Vista beta 2

Alright, I compiled allegro with mingw and tried the examples to see what is going on. Let's get started:

1) The window-mode directdraw driver works ok, as long as the color depth matches the desktop color-depth. If it does not, the screen flickers momentarily, and the accelerated desktop gets shut down as long as the allegro program runs (windows revert to a plane-looking mode, which is ugly and extremely annoying).

2) The directdraw overlay driver only displays a pink (I think this is magic pink) window and nothing else. The desktop is not affected.

3) Fullscreen 8 bit color modes can be messed up (as if there is a palette problem). Not all colors are affected, which is strange (images mostly display correctly, apart from some specific colors). The gui and the color map examples show this effect. Windowed modes are ok (however the accelerated desktop gets switched off).

4) Sound streams seem to work alright.

5) The system cursor seems ok.

6) Timing seems ok.

7) Mouse acceleration in fullscreen is strange (however, I think it always was).

It seems most things work ok, or better than expected (no strange crashes, lock-ups etc). The problem is, directdraw is relegated in vista (I don't have the link, but it seems that programs expecting to get exclusive access to the primary surface may encounter problems), and there may be a speed hit, at least for windowed modes (however, seeing that vista needs a beefy computer, this shouldn't be a problem).

Test system: Athlon XP 2500+ (1.8 GHz), ATi 9600 Pro, 1GB ram, 20 GB partition.

If at any point you need someone to run some tests under windows, I'll be here.