Re: [AD] Windows unicode filename support

On 20/04/06, Chris <chris.kcat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since I made a patch for Unix a while ago to support UTF-8/Unicode filenames,
it'd only be fair for Windows to support Unicode filenames too. I don't
believe Windows' _stat/_findfirst/etc would work properly with UTF-8 names
like the similar routines seem to in Unix, so I opted to change it to use the
wide-char/UTF-16 equivilants (_wstat/_wfindfirst/etc).

I had a Windows user test it and it seems to work in his app.

Still, functions like load_bitmap() won't work with "strange"
characters because open() in file.c would need to be replaced with
wopen() when available. We should probably implement _al_open for
every platform, not just mac.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net