From: alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:alleg-developers-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evert
Glebbeek
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:54 AM
To: alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] Distributing Allegro binary shared objects for Linux

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 00:56, Kirk Black wrote:
> When distributing the shared objects on Linux, do I only need to
distribute
> the liballeg.so.4.2 file or do I also need to include the modules that
are
> normally installed in /usr/local/lib/allegro/4.2/ (alleg-vga.so,
> alleg-alsadigi.so, alleg-alsamidi.so, alleg-svgalib.so, alleg-fbcon.co,
> alleg-artsdigi.so, alleg-dga2.so, alleg-esddigi.so)?

You also need to distribute the modules. Bear in mind that distributing
the .so libraries requires that the user has specific versions of its
dependent libraries installed. I'm not personally convinced that it's a
good idea to do this.
Out of curiosity: what do you do if the user is not (and cannot become)
root?

Evert