Re: [AD] Corporate donation/sponsorship offer

On 5/9/06, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got an offer from a company to sponsor the Allegro project with
yearly donations. More info at http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/sponsor.mbox.
Nice time to be a dictator.

I think any donations should go directly toward purchasing
hardware/software for a leading developer (to help support OS X, a
license of Windows Vista, etc) or to fund contests. Paying someone
with cash to work on Allegro could cause some jealously and actually
backfire by causing people to quit in protest. (Personally, I don't
care - but I'm sure not all share my attitude.) There are too many
people who have put a lot of work on it, starting from Shawn himself,
to fairly distribute $50.

--
Matthew Leverton