Re: [AD] Re: Alleg-developers digest, Vol 1 #1532 - 1 msg

Kirill Kononenko wrote:

The target is more interesting than simple C# bindings. It is not a single Allegro class with static methods with pinvokes to all Allegro C functions. What would be cool is an object-oriented front-end. It would need to use some C# techniques like event handlers, delegates. How would you feel if you had to use a binding to Scheme that made you feel like you were programming C?

Right, the goal is to use Allegro from the language in the style of the language. I took an object oriented approach to the Java version and a functional approach to the Scheme version. I assume you will use C#'isms for C#. In the end what you are really doing is inventing a new graphics API which is "finally" implemented in Allegro. You could do the same thing with SDL or DirectX even, I like doing it with Allegro because there is so much functionality built in that I dont have to do much work on the other side to have a powerful graphics toolkit.