Re: [AD] Too old allegro for Windows platform !

On 4/28/06, Roger Moffa <roger.moffa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And the rest of Allegro is the same too old code that make today Allegro a
bad choice for learning game programming or for optimised and accurate game
code. Now for more to say, Allegro is no more compatible with ... Allegro
because 99% of the source code from tutorials and books that i have encouter
for now cannot be compiled without bugs or impossibility to run without
crashing !!!
I have try a lot of time to compile source examples from the books "Game
Programming All In One 2ndEdition 2004", making change and using different
compilers. They do not compile/run anymore.

That says more about the infamous Game Programming All in One or your
code than Allegro (which is almost /too/ backwards-compatible, in my
opinion). I have personally compiled Allegro-using code from '99 with
4.2.0 - after adding END_OF_MAIN(), the worst I got was a few
deprecation warnings.

/T

--
Feed me a stray cat.