failing to return a value from main will lock up Linux every time...
hmm.

On 4/29/06, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2006-04-28, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 28 April 2006 19:02, Roger Moffa wrote:
> > I have try a lot of time to compile source examples from the
> > books "Game Programming All In One 2ndEdition 2004",
>
> Urgh. I won't venture an opinion on the text in the book since
> I've never seen it, but I have seen some code that came from it
> and it has serious problems that have nothing to do with Allegro.
> If you feel like it, you can have a look at one of the discussions
> I've had with the author here:
> http://www.jharbour.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=346&s=5c786a0ef2ced5401cd15d6be131d5d5

That guy really cracks me up. I wondered how he could claim to write
portable code including DOS specific headers in his examples. I
sent him an email and got aswers which were just like that thread:
total gibberish from somebody who thinks that anybody not agreeing
with his way of doing things is arguing about the size of his penis.

His emails are the best ever. I keep them and read again when I
feel depressed.

> > If there will no upgrade of Allegro to today optimised code
> > performance.

Robert, before speaking about air, you should write code, profile
it, and then prove Allegro is not optimised for code performance
compared to whatever library you prefer. Just because it doesn't
have a "Prepared for WindowsXP!" sticker, it doesn't mean it sucks.

Besides, Allegro is not the solution to all your problems. Learn
how to use other libraries too, you will improve as a coder.