Re: [AD] PNG reading

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 22:54 +0200, Michal Molhanec wrote:
>    Hello,
> about recent discussion about PNG. I have written my own PNG loader
> which does not depend on libpng nor zlib and if there would be
> interested I can release it under Allegro licence. It's available at
> http://molhanec.net/alpng09.zip . However note that it's just loading
> not saving and it's not as fast and well tested as libpng of course (the
> code is fresh).

Nice. May I ask what was the motivation for it? I guess it was like with
jpgalleg, just because it's cool to write a decoder of a format
yourself :)

So, well, this increases the number of choices in case we include
configurable support for multiple image formats in 4.3, there's now a
choice of libpng (over loadpng) and libjpg (would need a loadpng like
wrapper), or instead using jpgalleg, and your new alpng.

--
Elias Pschernig