Re: [AD] PATCH: updated mprotect patch for allegro-4.2.1 which also work on Linux

> Normal conventions say that sizeof(long) is the largest integer an arch
> can represent unless sizeof(int) is larger then that in which case
> sizeof(long) == sizeof(int)

It is my understanding that int is (was?) the machine's native integer size,
ie, 16 bit on 16 bit machines, 32 bit on 32 bit machines and 64 bit on 64 bit
machines. 64 bit PC's already differ from this by having int as a 32 bit
type.
I think this is also part of the reason for Microsoft sticking with 32 bit
long: there's a lot of Windows-specific code floating around that thinks a
long is 32 bit for historical reasons. On the other hand, I think MS also
used typedefs such as BYTE, WORD, DWORD (and QWORD?), so I don't really see
why they cannot just update their typedefs...

> long long is not a C basis type.

It is in C99.

Evert