Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_USE_C vs ALLEGRO_NO_ASM

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:09 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> I think the destinction between the one and the other is that ALLEGRO_USE_C
> being defined does not mean, in principle, that we cannot use ASM, but
> rather that we don't want to. But this is based on a quick look and
> possibly wrong.
> I agree that it makes sense to merge them though.
>
> > Anyway, the attached patch replaces all occurences of ALLEGRO_USE_C
> > (except the makefile define mentioned in the docs) with ALLEGRO_NO_ASM.
>
> Is it really safe to remove ALLEGRO_USE_C? There may be addons that use it
> (I know I've used it). Maybe use one consistently in Allegro and define
> both if one of the two is defined?

Not sure. I could apply the patch, and add this at the end of asm.inl,
just to be on the safe side:

/* Define ALLEGRO_USE_C for backwards compatibility. */
#ifdef ALLEGRO_NO_ASM
#define ALLEGRO_USE_C
#endif

Too bad nobody is here anymore who knows about those defines :/

--
Elias Pschernig