Re: [AD] Real weird unix bug, help wanted

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 17:03 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Agreed, opengl indeed is an issue here, does allegrogl allow calling set_gfx_mode after creating the opengl context, in that case my fix is _bad_.

No, currently, the AllegroGL gfx driver duplicates most of the X11 code,
specifically window creation - which is really bad. So in theory, all
fixes to our X11 code should be ported to AllegroGL, but they are
somewhat out of sync, since we have no write access to the AllegroGL
code - that's all another discussion though, and will be fixed with 4.3.

What I was thinking was, in the future 4.3, where we probably want a
flag AL_OPENGL to create an OpenGL context for the user - now without
knowing any details, that would seem to require extra work if the window
is completely destroyed and re-created on a fullscreen change. But if
nothing else works.. I also seem unable here to get it to work with any
posisble sequence of UnmapWindow/MapWindow/XSync calls scattered
throught the code :P

I'm currently looking how SDL does this, maybe that will give us some clues.

For now, I think the patch should be applied though, because it is an
improvement.

What about allegrogl?

Apparently, the patch breaks it. Not sure why though, it aborts with an
X11 async reply. Probably just a forgotten XLOCK/XUNLOCK somewhere.

Thats bad, are you looking into this?

Regards,

Hans